What is Professional Organizing and Productivity Coaching?
Professional organizing and productivity coaching is an industry that has been developed in order to help individuals and businesses design systems and processes using organizing principles through the transference of related skills. Professional organizers and productivity coaches provide a wide array of services including, but not limited to:
- residential organizing and decluttering
- residential downsizing, relocation and unpacking services
- business productivity and technology
- paper and digital information management
- pace planning
- coaching in time-management and goal-setting
- repurposing through resale and donations
- digital media organization
- public speaking
NAPO Arizona is a chapter of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO). NAPO is a non-profit professional association whose members include organizing consultants, productivity coaches, speakers, trainers, authors and manufacturers of organizing products. Founded in 1985, NAPO is the largest national association of and for the organizing and productivity industry with approximately 4,000 members worldwide.
The Arizona Chapter of NAPO was officially chartered in 2004. Prior to that, the organization was known as The Arizona Professional Organizers Association or APOA. APOA was formed in 1996 by a group of veteran organizers living and working in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. From the beginning, our commitment has been to provide a place for organizing and productivity professionals to network, learn and grow. NAPO Arizona has always been receptive to those interested in becoming Professional Organizers and Productivity Consultants, and many have launched their careers with support from NAPO Arizona members.
Our mission is to be the leading source of information for the organizing and productivity industry in Arizona. As part of our mission, NAPO Arizona actively strives to further the expertise of our members through ongoing education. We provide a supportive and collaborative environment in which to discuss professional issues. Our chapter, website and social media platforms create business development opportunities for our members. We strive to promote public and media awareness of the diverse scope of services that are available from within our membership.
NAPO CODE OF ETHICS
This Code of Ethics is a set of principles to provide guidelines in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues, and community. As a member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals, we pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint, and conscience in our conduct in order to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the profession of organizing.
1. I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
2. I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
3. When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
4. I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately.
Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest
1. I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
2. I will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
3. I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit me or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
1. I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses, which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver and the responsibility I accept.
2. I will make recommendations for products and services with my client’s best interests in mind.
1. I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
2. I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
3. I will act and speak on a high professional level so as to not bring discredit to the organizing profession.