Guest post by Aisi, Ask Aisi, LLC
- Commitment! Professional Organizers are self starters who are dedicated to their clients. Like any business, their success depends on their work with people who have all kinds of organizing challenges. It is likely they have seen your situation before and have solutions at-hand. They are in business to reduce your stress and give help to reach your goals.
- No Judgment! A Professional Organizer does not judge you or your mess. In fact, they embrace it and get excited about it. They care about your challenges to get and stay organized.
- They are BORN to organize! Professional organizers just love to organize, it’s in their DNA. They straighten, position, and organize without even thinking about it. Everywhere they go, they leave behind a neater place. Put that innate energy and talent to work for you and your goals.
- Our Code of Ethics. NAPO Organizers (National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals) follow a code of ethics. Our first code is, “I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.” It is something each NAPO Organizer embraces.
- Listening Skills! A Professional Organizer practices listening to their clients so it’s understood what’s really going on and how to get to the root of the organizing problem.
- Knowledge. A good Professional Organizer is always learning; researching about organizing tools and products, new systems, and about the how’s and why’s behind organizing habits. This knowledge, combined with commitment and compassion, is what a professional organizer brings to each client.
- Skills. Organizers don’t just organize – they teach clients the know-how of organizing and do their best to transfer good organizing skills to others. They download new skills in addressing habits and incorporating systems that will help you continue to be organized and see things from a new perspective.
- Compassion! Professional Organizers see the distress and strain that disorganization can cause an individual or a family. They work for or alongside their clients throughout the getting-organized process. They understand how things happen and have tools and resources that will alleviate the emotional toll that disorganization causes.
- Vision! Deciding where to get started can be overwhelming. A Professional Organizer knows where to start. They guide clients every step of the way, taking it one pile or mess at a time. They will look at your situation with new eyes, seeing it from a different view point. They will bring understanding and creative solutions to your organizing challenges.
- Encouragement! A Professional Organizer will not only help get you organized; they will encourage you in your journey to be a more organized person. They provide needed support as you learn new ways of doing things. They work with you, guiding you, and figuratively hold your hand through the mess to a new, organized life.
Need help getting organized? Visit the NAPO-AZ Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant Search Tool to search for professional organizers or productivity consultants in your area.